26A - celebrating failure

1)  The biggest failure that stands out to me this semester was missing the first six assignments of this class due to not submitting the URL for assignments. This failure is composed of multiple failures such as failing to check my canvas email to realize I had missed the assignments the first time or reading the syllabus with care to notice the small details. 
2) I learned to check my emails and read the syllabus with care. I also learned that the consequences of laziness are significant. It was an eye-opening experience for me to take academics more seriously than I had before.   
3) 
When I experience failure, it usually hurts for the first three days. I tend to get depressed and think way too much about why I failed and such. However, after those three days, I tend to be more positive and is able to reflect on the things I learned from the failure. Through this class, I realized that failure hurts, but is not the end of the story. After realizing that I could not get an A in the class, I could've given up and not do the rest of the assignments. However, I stuck to it and did not miss any of the other assignments. 

Comments

  1. I think that failure, though it sucks, is a great learning opportunity. I have had plenty of failures in my life and because of that I have learned how to better handle stressful situations. Through failures I have developed the philosophy: I f you have a problem and can not fix it, why stress? If you have a problem and can fix it, why stress?
    This has made situations of failure and stress a better environment to learn and take the next step to success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also experienced a similar failure. I kept forgetting about assignments. It didn't seem to be a big deal at the time, but it turns out the missed assignments really added up. I also realized too late. Good for you for sticking with the class! The 28A/B was definitely a little confusing. I almost forgot to do one of the steps a few times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment