9A- Testing the Hypothesis


David(Sophomore at UF) 
Do you own a phone? Yes I do 
How many times a day do you charge your phone? About two times 
Is your phone a significant part of your life? Yes 
Do you carry around a charger or a portable battery? Yes 
Do you find that annoying? I've never thought about it, but I'm so used to carrying them so not really 
Matt (Freshmen at UF) 
Do you own a phone? Yes, an iPhone
How many times a day do you charge your phone? A lot 
Is your phone a significant part of your life? Yes 
Do you carry around a charger or a portable battery? Yes 
Do you find that annnoying? It is pretty annoying carrying those around sometimes
Sam (Freshmen at UF) 
Do you own a phone? Yes
How many times a day do you charge your phone? I don't really charge my phone throughout the day
Is your phone a significant part of your life? Yes 
Do you carry around a charger or a portable battery? no 
Do you find that annnoying? Even if I did, I always carry around a backpack so it wouldn't annoy me
Josh (Freshmen at UF) 
Do you own a phone? yes
How many times a day do you charge your phone? About three times 
Is your phone a significant part of your life? Yes 
Do you carry around a charger or a portable battery? Yes 
Do you find that annnoying? Not really, I feel more comfortable knowing that I have a charger around me now
Chris (Sophomore at UF) 
Do you own a phone? yes
How many times a day do you charge your phone? About two times 
Is your phone a significant part of your life? Yes 
Do you carry around a charger or a portable battery? Yes 
Do you find that annnoying? I've never thought about it, but I'm so used to carrying them so not really  
I was really surprised that people didn't really find it annoying them having to carry around a charger or a portable battery. I thought most people would find it annoying, but the results were completely different from what I discovered.  
Inside the boundaryOutside the boundary
Who is In: MattWho is Not: Chris, Josh, Sam, David
What the Need Is: Not having to carry
around a charger
What the Need Is Not: They do not care to have to carry a charger
Why the Need Exists: phones still need exterior chargers to
charge the phones
Alternative Explanations: It is so used to them that they find it comfortable carrying their own chargers.

Comments

  1. As someone who has to carry a clunk portable battery pack with me everywhere, I'm also surprised that there are people out there who don't mind. I wonder if the size of their portable battery pack affects how much they care about having to carry it around. I know my bigger, longer lasting one is about as 4 times as heavy as my smaller, one charge containing pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I definitely think there needs to be a better solution to poor battery life in many phones nowadays. I think that the phone cases with built in chargers are still impractical because they are big and chunky. Carrying around a portable phone charger is also a hassle because you need to remember to charge that too. I personally find it annoying to carry around phone chargers and have to worry about my phone batter.I think it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment