15A figuring out buying behavior


1) Find three people who would fit that segment and arrange to interview them. 
David( sophomore at UF)
1. What is the biggest factor that you evaluate before making a purchase? Being a college student, the biggest thing I look at is the price of the product.
2. What is one factor that might make you hesitate from purchasing a product? As I said again, if the price of the product is out of my budget, I tend to not make the purchase
3. Are there any factors that might make up for what initially turned you away from the product?  The quality of the product for sure. 
4.How often do you make a purchase? not very often 
5. Are you open to buying innovative products that did not exist before? Sort of
Garrit (freshmen at UF) 
1. What is the biggest factor that you evaluate before making a purchase? The biggest thing is if I really like the product or not
2. What is one factor that might make you hesitate from purchasing a product? Again, if I don't really need it, I tend to not buy it 
3. Are there any factors that might make up for what initially turned you away from the product? If there is a deal or a sale going on, I might buy it even I don't need it as much.
4. How often do you make a purchase? Not very often 
5. Are you open to buying innovative products that did not exist before? Yea if it is innovative enough where it changes my life
Scott (freshmen at UF)
1. What is the biggest factor that you evaluate before making a purchase? The price of the product
2. What is one factor that might make you hesitate from purchasing a product? If the quality is outstanding, I might reconsider buying the product 
3. Are there any factors that might make up for what initially turned you away from the product? Again, the quality and if the product is on sale 
4. How often do you make a purchase? Not very often
5. Are you open to buying innovative products that did not exist before? I am cautious of really new technology since they haven't been proven yet. 

3) Begin with alternative evaluation.  
one of the biggest factors in purchasing a product was the price. The people I interviewed put much emphasis on the price and how it determined whether they would make the purchase or not. 
4) How/where do they buy?  
My product would be available in stores and online. Also, the way of payment would be diverse including venmo, bank transactions and more of the nontraditional way of transactions. 
5) Post-purchase evaluation. 
The factor that matters most is the quality of the product and the satisfaction of the customers. The quality of the product is what will eventually bring satisfaction to the customers. Contrary to this, no matter how cheap the product is, if the customer is not satisfied with the product, the product will not last. 
6) Report the findings
A lot of them answered that price was a big factor in making a purchase, but also a lot answered that satisfaction can offset the price of the product. I also realized that the people I interviewed do not make purchases often.
7) Draw conclusions. 
I learned that some people might not yet be open to revolutionary innovations and that it might take time to have people implement it in their daily lives. I also learned that price of the product was extremely important

Comments

  1. Hi Jeff,

    I thought your interviews were very interesting to read. I think its really cool to see what affects a persons choice when they buy something and how their demographic plays a role in that part as well. I do like how you would have different ways of payment, including venmo - I thought that was a really great idea, since I never have my wallet on me. Overall, I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeff,

    Like your interviewees, the biggest factor that I evaluate before making a purchase is price. Since I am a college student most of my money is spent on rent, food, and tuition. When I am a full time employee and have money to spend, I plan on buying more innovative product to try. Quality also matters when evaluating a purchase. If I feel the product is high quality, I am willing to spend a little more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment