14A Halfway reflection
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
The behaviors I have developed and used are staying focused, being efficient, and not procrastinating. The requirements for this class is not hard but is consisted of tedious work that is time-consuming. Whenever I had free time, I used it to finish assignments for this class which has worked great so far.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
This semester I decided to pledge a fraternity here at UF. This meant that there would late nights and basically no free time for me. The stress and the fatigue that I got from trying to balance my academics along with pledging was very difficult. The assignments for this class was very time consuming which only made it difficult. Not only that, I was unaware of the fact that I had to submit URLs for the first three assignments and did not get credit for those assignments. I definitely wanted to give up. However, I had promised to myself that I would not let pledging deter my academics and that if I push on, the results will come. So far, I have been doing well in my classes and in pledging. I am extremely happy about this.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
Three tips I would give are:
1. Do not procrastinate
2. Use time efficiently
3. Do not give up
Hey Jeff!
ReplyDeleteIt was very interesting to hear about how pledging was affecting you at first I also am pledging but for a business fraternity and it is very time consuming, from sun rise to sun set I'm doing something. Managing your time is very important, what has helped me is to keep an agenda that is up to date. Last week I got so carried away that I did not update my agenda and I missed a huge assignment but I have recovered from it and now I feel I am doing well in my classes as well as in pledging. Something that I would suggest is to emphasize a bit more on your tips but other than that, great post!
I enjoyed reading your reflection of this class. I also agree that managing your time is always so important. Your tips are something all college students should use effectively, they will help out a lot in the long run. Great post!
ReplyDelete