13A reading reflection
1) You read about an entrepreneur:
- What surprised you the most? I was surprised at the fact that they only had public high school diplomas.
- What about the entrepreneur did you most admire? Their patience and commitment to push on and accomplish their vision
- What about the entrepreneur did you least admire? The fact that they were natural born geniuses.
- Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it? They went through enormous adversity and failure. They failed countless times trying to fly a plane and had no support from the crowd. The crowd thought that the Wright brothers were crazy.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? The entrepreneurs exhibited commitment, patience, passion, and diligence.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you. How they did not die or get hurt test flying the prototypes of an early plane. It is confusing that they had no life-threatening experiences.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why? How he was able to stay committed and not give up. How he blocked off the haters and stayed focused.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion? I think the entrepreneur's opinion of hard work was doing everything humanly possible for successful results. Risking and giving everything they had was their opinion of hard work. I do share that opinion, but know that it is extremely difficult to practice it and incorporate it in my daily life.
Hi Jeff,
ReplyDeleteI assume you read the book on the Wright brothers which seems very interesting. I also found it strange how they were not hurt from flying the plane prototypes. I guess they had a lot of trust in what they were doing. You mentioned that they were natural born geniuses which is pretty impressive to me. I wish it was that easy for me! They really made a big impact in the world.