12A Figuring out Buyer Behavior
1) Pick a segment. College students who own a cellphone and uses it for more than 4 hours a day.
2) Find three people who would fit that segment and arrange to interview them. Jonathan(Junior at UF), Timothy(Sophomore at UF), Craig(Sophomore at UF)
3) Begin with need awareness.
Jonathan
1. How many hours a day do you use your phone? about 6 hours
2. Have you forgotten to charge your phone ever? Too many times
3. Has the phone died due to low battery? Also, too many times
4. How did you feel when that happened? I felt very anxious not being able to contact anyone
5. How did you resolve the issue? Usually, I carry a charger, but when I don't have one I reach out to strangers
6. What do you feel about a self-regenerating phone? That would be cool
7. Would you buy it? Depends on the price.
Timothy
. How many hours a day do you use your phone? about 8 hours
2. Have you forgotten to charge your phone ever? Yes
3. Has the phone died due to low battery? oh yes
4. How did you feel when that happened? It sucked. I could not do anything because I do everything with my phone
5. How did you resolve the issue? I had to buy a charger because I did not have one
6. What do you feel about a self-regenerating phone? It would be awesome
7. Would you buy it? I would totally buy it
Craig
1. How many hours a day do you use your phone? about 5 hours
2. Have you forgotten to charge your phone ever? Only a few times
3. Has the phone died due to low battery? yes
4. How did you feel when that happened? Not good, I had an assignment due and I didn't know
5. How did you resolve the issue? I missed my assignment. I had a charger with me but had nowhere to plug it in.
6. What do you feel about a self-regenerating phone? It sounds good
7. Would you buy it? Depends
4) Move to information search. Most of the people I interviewed usually start to carry a charger or a portable battery. Other than that, they did not have many solutions to the issue. They also reach out to their friends or strangers to borrow their phones.
5) Report the findings of your research. I learned that the need is apparent and people are open to my business idea. One thing that I need to focus on is the price. All three mentioned price as something they will look at before making the purchase.
6) Draw conclusions. My segment is definitely aware of the need and the needs are not getting met due to the limited availability of the solutions.
I would use this device, because my phone has a low battery and dies often. I have to carry my charger around with me, so this product would be more convenient for me. Like your interviewees, I also am price sensitive. As a college student I do not have a lot of extra money to spend, so the price would be very important to me.
ReplyDeleteI like the segment you picked. I am always having to charge my phone. I agree price is important. Many studnets have the issue but if the price is to much students not not buy because they do not have the budget. Finding an affordable alternative way to charge a low battery phone or a way to maintain charge would be great. I would be interested in what kind of phones the people have. Do the have a iphone or android? If so what version?
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely something you should pursue. I would buy it. Nothing is more frusterating than dead phone. Especially at a concert or something. The point of having a phone is being able to have access to it. My phone cannot hold a charge for the life of it and im honestly over it.
ReplyDelete